Asked by Gina  |  Submitted December 09, 2013

What kind of coverage do I need for a hit and run?

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

December 10, 2013

The answer depends on whether your vehicle was hit or whether you hit another vehicle. If your vehicle was hit by another vehicle and you cannot submit a claim through their insurance, you can submit this under the Collision portion of your policy. You should contact your agent to make sure you carry this coverage and to find out what your deductible is.

If you were injured in the accident, you can submit a claim for medical expenses under the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) portion of your policy.

If you hit another vehicle and were at fault, the claim for damages to the other vehicle, driver and/or passengers would be submited under the Liability section of your policy.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.20.20 @ 04:58