Asked by smittylov  |  Submitted March 08, 2016

What are the changes for social security if I was born before 1969

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

March 09, 2016

Hi Smittylov, your question is a good one. Those applying for social security retirement that were born 1960 and later, reach full retirement age at 67. Thus retiring early at 62, one will receive a greater percentage reduction in benefits. This also applies to a spouse and her/his spousal retirement benefits.

Hope this was helpful.
Good luck,

srchalfin | 04.15.16 @ 16:00

There is a company out of Palm Beach that is marketing information as to how to increase one's Soc.Sec. benefits if born before 1969. The above answer does not address that.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.27.20 @ 16:06