Asked by IRBY  |  Submitted June 15, 2015

We received a $1,000,000 settlement which included a residence worth $150,000 and 100 acres of land worth $850,000. Now I need $150,000 to pay the IRS. What can I do?

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  2

June 16, 2015

home equity line of credit?

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.25.20 @ 12:38


March 26, 2016

There are many options here:

1. Sell some of the land/residence
2. Rent out the land/residence
3. Set up the land/residence as green space and get tax credits
4. Charitable contribution
5. Debt financing against the assets

Send me a message to discuss in detail. No obligation

It's not what you make, It's what you keep that determines your lifestyle.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.25.20 @ 12:38