Asked by degahencely  |  Submitted January 06, 2016

We are living in a home that is owned by our parents and we pay the mortgage each month, what is the easiest way to put our names on the home without purchasing it from them? Can we do a quick claim d

We were forced to file bankruptcy and it closed in July of 2012, we lost our house at that same time.

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

January 06, 2016

You could be added to the property through a "quit" claim deed and family transfers are generally exempt from transfer taxes. If you keep record of the payments as in cancelled checks you should also be eligible to refinance the property if the need arose or you wanted to in the future.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.23.20 @ 07:04