Asked by Erin
Answered by Bradford Creger PRO+
MoneyTips Contributor in Pasadena, CA
Erin, The general answer is NO. Are there exceptions to this rule? Yes. But having a MEC (or Modified Endowment Contract) is NOT one of them. Both of the Agen...
Asked by Erin
Answered by Justin Clark
Mortgage Professional in Moreno Valley, CA
If the income does not require you to claim on taxes, such as VA disability, then you can still use that towards qualifying. However, if this is "under the table" mon...
Asked by Ashley Soto
Answered by Ebrahim Rad
LUTCF , CLTC , MDRT in Woodland Hills, CA
You need to talk with your tax advisor or who ever prepare your tax.
Asked by an anonymous user
Answered by Taylor Kovar
Wealth Manager in Lufkin, TX
1a: You can purchase tax lien properties from your city/county/parish/etc 1b: Call the tax office and find out how and when they sell them. Most locations now have th...
Asked by bgerber_03
Answered by MoneyTips Writing Staff
Financial Adviser in Los Angeles, CA
Determining who can claim children as dependents on their taxes can be complicated in the cases of divorce or other custody arrangements. Here's some information about...
Asked by Birdyt052
Answered by Paul Carson
Loan Officer in Conshohocken, PA
Asked by vickicastro75
Answered by David Meyers
Financial Adviser in Palo Alto, CA
The IRS will not directly take your state refund - your state won't send the money to the IRS. The state will send you a check (or make a direct deposit). The IRS wi...
Asked by j819Martinez
Answered by Sonia Renea
Financial Adviser in Fort Worth, TX
Are you a 1099 employee or W2?
Asked by niklecce123
Answered by Katrina Lessard
Financial Adviser in Scottsdale, AZ
Special rules commonly referred to as the "kiddie tax" rules apply when a child has unearned income (for example, investment income). Children subject to the kiddie ta...
Asked by bmm123
Answered by Alberto Foster
Insurance Representative in Bethesda, MD
No they are not so long as you don't exceed premiums paid into the policy.
Ask a pro a question
Have your question answered by a professional
Characters remaining: 140
Asking as: $ss.eas.userParams.displayName
Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service


Free MoneyTips Membership!

Get FREE, full access to MoneyTips.com