Want to retire in comfort? Read our eBook, “The Retiree Next Door: Successful Seniors’ Surprising Secrets.” Ready for the next step? We have gathered some of the top social influencers in personal finance to share tips to help you dramatically improve your chances of one day retiring in style - 140 characters at a time.
We would like to invite you to join the #RetireeNextDoor (LIVE!) Tweet Jam November 18, 2014 at 11 am PT
To prepare our popular eBook, we surveyed more than 500 Americans to find out how successful retirees and semi-retirees saved, invested and planned for retirement. The publication also included commentary from many key personal finance leaders, some of whom will be participating in the upcoming event. Twenty five esteemed panelists will be joining co-moderators MoneyTips CEO Marc Diana (@marcdiana3 ) and Jeff Rose, CFP (@jjeffrose ). Panelists include Robert Kiyosaki (@theRealKiyosaki), entrepreneur and author, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller and
- Tiffany “The BudgetNista” Aliche, Speaker, Teacher of Financial Empowerment & Author, The One Week Budget @TheBudgetNista
- Emily Guy Birken, freelance writer and author, The Five Years Before You Retire @emilyguybirken
- Cathy Curtis, CFP®, Investment Advisor & Financial Planner, Curtis Financial Planning, LLC @cathycurtis
- Ebong Eka, CPA, President, Ericorp Consulting, Inc. @ebongeka
- Richard Eisenberg, Assistant Managing Editor and Senior Web Editor, Money & Security and Work & Purpose Channels, Next Avenue @richeis315
- Donna Freedman, Freelance Writer, Money Talks News @DLFreedman
- Samirian Hill, Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor, BudgetWise Financial Solutions @moneywisdoms
- Kate Holmes, CFP, Founder & CEO, Belmore Financial, LLC @Kate_Holmes
- Monica Iannacone, Owner, MonicaOnMoney.com @MonicaOnMoney
- Linda P. Jones, CEO, Be Wealthy & Smart @lindapjones
- Ellie Kay, Author & President, Ellie Kay & Company @EllieKay
- Scott & Carrie Maderer, Financial Bloggers & Senior Director, Educational Testing Service @StewardCoaching
- Miranda Marquit, Financial Blogger, AllBusiness.com, @MMarquit
- Elle Martinez, Editor & Owner, CoupleMoney.com @Elle_CM
- Carolyn McClanahan, MD, CFP, President, Life Planning Partners, Inc. @CarolynMcC
- Michael F. Kay, CFP, President, Financial Life Focus, LLC @FinLifeFocus
- Doug Nordman, Author, The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement, @TheMilitaryGuid
- Kimberly Palmer, Senior Editor & Alpha Blogger, US News & World Report @AlphaConsumer
- Leisa Peterson, CFP & Founder, WealthClinic @TheWealthClinic
- Charles Rotblut, CFA, Vice President & AAII Journal Editor, American Association of Individual Investors @CharlesRAAII
- April Rudin, Founder & CEO, The Rudin Group Financial Services/Marketing Communications @TheRudinGroup
- Joe Saul Sehy, Co-Host & Chief Writer, StackingBenjamins.com @AverageJoeMoney
- Carrie Smith, Financial Writer, GoGirlFinance.com @CarefulCents
- LaTisha Styles, Founder, YoungFinances.com @YoungFinances
- Winnie Sun, Managing Director & Founding Partner, Sun Group Wealth Partners @SunGroupWP
- David Weliver, Founder, MoneyUnder30.com @MoneyUnder30
- Roger Whitney, CFP, Partner, WWK Wealth Advisors @Roger_Whitney
Connect with these experts and retirees who will be on hand to get the conversation rolling. Among the questions we will ask the panel:
- Do you need to be a millionaire to retire comfortably? Why/Why not?
- How do you calculate how much you need to save for retirement?
- What are the most common mistakes you see when people plan for retirement?
- More than 60% of successful retirees follow some sort of budget. How do you find extra money in your budget to save for retirement, without drastically changing your lifestyle?
- The Retiree Next Door study found that stocks were the highest performing asset class, by 24% of retirees, and they were the biggest financial regret according to 23%. How should millennials invest for retirement? Gen Xers? Boomers?
Register for the event and you will receive a free copy of The Retiree Next Door Retweetables: 100 Best Retirement Tweets That You Can Share With Your Family, Friends And Cohorts. That means that if you ask a thoughtful question, it could wind up in this eBook that will be based on the event. You can also get a copy of the eBook “The Retiree Next Door: Successful Seniors’ Surprising Secrets” here.
On November 18th at 11 am Pacific Time (US), Marc and Jeff will open the #RetireeNextDoor Tweetjam. As they introduce the topics one at a time, each will be assigned a question number. You can join the discussion by tweeting the question number you are responding to and the #RetireeNextDoor hashtag. For example, “#RetireeNextDoor A1 – Have a conversation with your 80-year-old self!”
Remember that this is a public chat – be thoughtful and stay focused on the subject at hand. In addition, please refrain from pitching commercial services or products.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Want to retire in comfort? We have gathered some of the top social influencers in personal finance to share tips to help you dramatically improve your chances of one day retiring in style - 140 characters at a time. Download the free eBook "The #RetireeNextDoor Retweetables: 100 Best Retirement Tweets"