News Flash: Dozens of bloggers, writers and media sites are participating in the #retireenextdoor movement. Join us! Because it has been so successful, we have extended it. See HERE for details. Weigh in on your favorite posts by commenting on the articles below.
Welcome to MoneyTips.com’s “Retiree Next Door Movement,” the most exciting one-day financial event of the decade!
Why? For two reasons:
- Because Americans are facing a retirement crisis. A whopping 1 in 3 Baby Boomers are headed for a financial train wreck, according to research we conducted this spring. The middle class is facing even steeper challenges, with just 47 percent reporting they’re on track to meet their financial objectives.
- Because we know we can make a difference.
Not by ourselves, of course, but partnered with today’s most influential retirement experts.
At MoneyTips.com, we know a community helps Americans take control of their financial lives far better than any single thought leader can. That’s why — in partnership with Philip Taylor, founder of FinCon — we invited key financial bloggers and investment professionals to lead a national conversation about how to retire successfully. Our simple, yet powerful, belief is that this conversation will boost everyone’s odds of doing so.
The substance for The Retiree Next Door movement is research we performed this summer. With the help of the personal finance community — including Certified Financial Planners Jeff Rose and Cathy Curtis; Certified Public Accountants Ebong Eka and Ed Slott; Wealth Managers Greg Skidmore and Winnie Sun; and personal finance bloggers extraordinaire Philip Taylor and Bob Lotich — we conducted a comprehensive online retirement survey. Between July 23 and August 31, 2014, 510 Americans revealed how they saved, invested, planned for, and are now living out their golden years.
We share the results of this survey — and reveal the best practices of successfully retired and semi-retired respondents — in the free, easy to read eBook The Retiree Next Door: Seniors’ Surprising Success Secrets. It is written by renowned retirement author Emily Guy Birken.
The Retiree Next Door Movement Bloggers
Here is a list of all the bloggers and writers who made the commitment to participate in The Retiree Next Door Movement. MoneyTips is humbled that so many remarkable individuals have stepped up to help educate all Americans about how to retire more successfully
- Ann Logue, AnnLogue.com, ChicagoOnTheCheap.com The Retiree Next Door Could Be You and Free Ebook: The Retiree Next Door
- Barbara Friedberg - Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance How to Retire Successfully; 14 Tips From The Retiree Next Door
- Ben Luthi, The Wealth Gospel - 5 Ways to Prepare For Retirement Other Than Savings
- Carrie Maderer, Focused Intensity Coaching - Why Planning for Retirement is Hard
- Carrie Smith, Investor Junkie/Careful Cents - Saving for Retirement if You’re Self Employeed
- Cathy Curtis, Curtis Financial Planning, Of Independent Means - Stocks and the Retiree Next Door
- NEW VIDEO: Cathy Curtis, Curtis Financial Planning, Of Independent Means - Avoid The Financial Crisis
- Chip Workman, The Asset Advisory Group - The Retiree Next Door
- Crystal Stemberger, Budgeting in the Fun Stuff - A Look at Current Retirees
- Dave Merkel, The Aleph Blog - Retirement – A Luxury Good
- NEW VIDEO: David Weliver, Money Under 30 Can Anyone Be a Millionaire?
- Donna Freedman, Surviving and Thriving - Toward a care-free retirement
- Doug Nordman, The Military Guide - Survey Results for The Retiree Next Door
- VIDEO: Doug Nordman, The Military Guide - Surprises From Retiree Next Door Survey
- Elle Martinez, Couple Money - Setting Up Your Retirement with the Right Tools
- Ellie Kay, elliekay.com Recession Proof Retirement
- NEW VIDEO: Ellie Kay, elliekay.com Stop Giving Money To Your Kids!
- Emma Johnson, Wealthy Single Mommy - 4 Single Mom Money Mistakes
- NEW VIDEO: Emma Johnson, Wealthy Single Mommy - There's Nothing You Can't Do!
- VIDEO: Farnoosh Torabi, Farnoosh.tv - How to Plan Retirement When You and Your Spouse Have An Income Gap
- Jeff Rose, Good Financial Cents - The 17 Worst Excuses For Not Saving For Retirement (Podcast)
- NEW VIDEO: Jeff Rose, Good Financial Cents - The Key To Successful Retirement
- Joe Saul-Sehy, Stacking Benjamins - Saving Into Your 60s
- Lazy Man and Money, LazyManandMoney - About the Retiree Next Door
- Lee Huffman, Bald Finance - Will you be the Retiree Next Door?
- Linda P. Jones, LindaPJones.com - Is It Time To Reinvent Your Retirement?
- NEW VIDEO: Linda P. Jones, LindaPJones.com - The Six Steps to Wealth
- Mandi Woodruff, Yahoo Finance Exclusive! - The Retiree Next Door: How successful retirees stretch their savings
- Dr. Mary Gresham, Atlanta Financial Psychology - The New Retirement: Protecting Your Financial Capacity
- Miranda Marquit, Planting Money Seeds - Don't Let Investing Regrets Sink Your Retirement
- Monica Iannacone, Monica on Money - When can you Retire?
- Philip Taylor, PTMoney - Top Secrets of Successful Retirees
- NEW VIDEO: Philip Taylor, PTMoney - The Key To Successful Retirement
- Roger Whitney, The Retirement Answer Man - What You Can Learn From the Retiree Next Door? Interview With MoneyTips.com Co-Founder Michael Dubrow (Podcast)
- Samirian Hill, Budget Wise Financial - 5 Tips for Boomers To Retire Succesfully
- Scott Halliwell, USAA - What It Takes to Retiree Successfully
- Scott Maderer, Focused Intensity Coaching - Why is Planning For Retirement So Hard?
- VIDEO: Scott Maderer, Focused Intensity Coaching How To Get Out Of Debt
- Tiffany Aliche, The Budgetnista - Five Steps to Begin Saving for Retirement in Your Twenties
- NEW VIDEO: Tiffany Aliche, The Budgetnista - Retirement: Talking to Your 80-Year Old Self
- Tom Drake, Canadian Finance Blog/Personal Dividends - Key to Successful Retirement: Don't Spend too Much and Limit Risk During Retirement: What Can You Do?
- Tre, House of Tre - 3 Surprising Facts About Successful Retirees
- NEW! Winnie Sun 3 Retirement Truths: Lessons shared from the study The Retiree Next Door: Successful Seniors’ Surprising Secrets
Want to retire in comfort? We have gathered some of the top social influencers in personal finance to share tips to help you dramatically improve your chances of one day retiring in style - 140 characters at a time. Download the free eBook "The #RetireeNextDoor Retweetables: 100 Best Retirement Tweets"
Let the free MoneyTips Retirement Planner help you calculate when you can retire
without jeopardizing your lifestyle.