Asked by Sean  |  Submitted October 21, 2016

My mother died with a HELOC on her property, the credit union will not provide us any information and has placed the property in a trust in their names. What should we do?

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

October 25, 2016

You need to speak with a real estate attorney sooner, not later. Without knowing how ownership was vested, what state, etc, there's no way to give you good advice in a forum like this.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.25.20 @ 13:14