Another day, another huge data hack. With half-a-billion people affected by the Marriott International breach, it's a great day for identity thieves, but bad for the rest of us.
At MoneyTips, we've heard and published way too many horrific stories of identity thieves wreaking havoc, and the countless hours victims must spend putting their lives back together again. Besides allowing people to take control of their credit and finances, our free Essential membership provides some identity protection tools. Nevertheless, we wanted to do more to protect our members from ruthless identity thieves around the world. What good is having great credit and substantial assets if they are vulnerable to attack?
That is why we are proud to announce that our new Premium MoneyTips membership provides an industry-leading Credit Monitoring and Identity Theft protection plan for the lowest price in the market. It's staggering how many ways your identity can be stolen:
- A hacker could break into your accounts (especially if they have weak passwords);
- A thief could see you enter a password at an ATM, gas pump, or on your phone;
- You could lose a credit card… or your whole wallet;
- Your financial and personal data could be taken from public Wi-Fi;
- You may be duped by a phishing email;
- A deceptive text could get you to divulge information (known as SMiShing);
- A hacker could break into a database your info is in, such as the recent Marriott breach, or the Equifax credit bureau hack that affected nearly 150 million Americans;
- Your home could be burgled, along with sensitive data;
- You may unknowingly link up to a fake Wi-Fi hotspot;
- Someone may steal your mail containing valuable info;
- You may visit an unsecure website on your phone or computer;
- A skimming device could be installed at the ATM or gas pump;
- Malicious software could be installed on your computer;
- A thief may pickpocket your phone or wallet;
- A friend or family member you trust may take your identity;
- A dumpster diver may go through your trash;
- A thief could reach out to your bank or other business and pretend to be you;
- Your data may be sold on the dark web.
This oh-so-connected world, which provides so many benefits, also makes it easier for crooks to open credit cards and charge items in our name or use our Social Security number to claim tax refunds they don't deserve. Millions of Americans were victims of identity theft last year. How many hours do you think it would take to straighten out such a mess? How long do you think it would take to get your legitimate refund if a thief has already claimed one for you? How would you like to prove to the government and the credit card companies that you truly are you, and that some crook you never met isn't you?
MoneyTips is here to help. Our first wave of members, who total more than 100,000, can get alerted about new lines of credit opening, and have been able to examine their credit reports free of charge to look for suspicious behavior. Now, we offer a plan designed to protect members even more.
Our Premium plan offers everything that our free Essential plan does, plus a whole lot more:
- Premium Identity Theft Alerts – We will notify you if a new name or alias is associated with your Social Security Number or if someone has directed the Postal Service to send your mail elsewhere without your knowledge.
- Full-Service Identity Restoration – If your identity is stolen, a US-Based agent will assist you with detailed instructions and follow-up through the process of restoring your identity.
- $1 Million in Identity Theft Insurance – We will cover the costs associated with identity restoration for up to $1,000,000 with $0 deductible.
- Lost Wallet Protection and Assistance – We will quickly and effectively close and replace your credit cards and other wallet contents, whether your wallet was lost or stolen.
- Court Records Monitoring – If someone identifying as you is arrested or wanted for a crime, we'll alert you right away.
While other companies charge twenty dollars or more per month for this level of protection, MoneyTips is charging only $8.95 per month. That's a small price to pay for peace of mind.
If you want to join MoneyTips as a Premium member, visit our sign-up page.