Asked by Meredith L  |  Submitted September 04, 2015

I have a special needs son who is capable of working, but potentially may never be completely independent.

What kind of insurance or safeguards can I get to give me peace of mind that he will have a home in the event of my death?

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

September 16, 2015

Sounds like you need to have a trust, with a special needs section to address your wishes in case something happens to you. Remember, your trust is basically your words and wishes, documented and dated until you change them.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 10.01.20 @ 19:58