Asked anonymously

I collect SSI & received notice saying I should file taxes to receive the earned income tax credit. I received no 1099R equivalent. Where do I obtain the equivalent of a 1099 from SSI?

This was my only income for the year and seeing it was about $600/month I'm sure I would qualify.

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

April 07, 2015

The EITC requires earned income, which includes any self-employment income. You may qualify based on your overall income, but you won't if you don't have earned income. SSI is not considered "earned income" for the credit. Here is a link that may help you further:

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.30.20 @ 16:40