Asked by Alfredda  |  Submitted January 26, 2017

I accidentally incurred a late payment on a store credit card. Can I have this removed from my credit?

I have not had any late payments on any of my accounts for years, until recently. I did not get a paper statement. I hardly ever use my Kohl's account. However, for Christmas, I did make purchases with my Kohl's charge. It was not until I paid my bill in January that I realized I had the $43.00 charge and that late fees had accrued over two months. How can I have my credit score re-evaluated? I always pay my bills on time, usually way before time. Is it possible for me to resolve this issue? As early as September of 2016, my credit score was 803. I take great pride in maintaining a good credit score.

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

January 26, 2017

You could try and call the issuing credit card company and ask for a forgiveness if you've been a good customer in the past there's a good chance they'll be happy to help you, and there is no harm in asking.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 10.26.20 @ 10:58