Asked by Lori-Dawn  |  Submitted September 08, 2016

How do I get an item that belongs to my ex-husband removed from my credit report? The account was created after we were separated.

My ex-husband opened an account without my knowledge and intentionally stopped paying to affect my credit. His credit was already tanked due to bankruptcy. We were separated for years before he quit paying the bill and I had no knowledge of the account. We even lived in two different states.

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

September 08, 2016

Hi Lori-Dawn,

Have you signed up for the MoneyTips Credit Manager? With the Credit Correction Action Button you can correct inaccurate information or errors on your report.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 10.25.20 @ 07:55