Asked by Daniel  |  Submitted March 19, 2017

How do I get a negative report off of my credit?

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

March 20, 2017

The answer to that will depend on what the negative item is and if it's an error on the credit bureau's part or if it is an accurate report. If there is an error, you can contact the credit bureau and the creditor and request to have the information updated so that it's accurate. If you are a Premium member of Credit Manager by MoneyTips, then you can contact the creditor directly at the touch of an Action Button that will help make this easier to do.

If the item is accurate, then it's a matter of moving forward and rebuilding your credit from here. At MoneyTips we offer an extensive catalog of articles about credit and your finances. Here are a few that should get you on the right track.

5 Things Not to Do When Rebuilding Your Credit

How to Rebuild Your Credit Score Fast

5 Steps to Rebuild Your Credit5 Steps to Rebuild Your Credit

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.20.20 @ 04:22