Asked by jamie  |  Submitted March 20, 2015

How do I get a home with no money down for my wife and two children? My wife and I are both on social security and will be always.

We need a 3bdr home with 2bth in nice neighbor with good schools for our children. Also my wife can work part time she is a teacher with a prosthetic leg. I myself can't work at all, l am 100% disabled but I am ordained and have a strong faith and believe christ has a place for my family and a goal for our lives

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  2

March 20, 2015

You need a good real estate person, (which I am not), a good mortgage broker, (which I am not). There are some mortgages available with FHA, I believe, which offer as low as 3% money down...and at one time 3% credit. Generally, I believe money is extended by lenders based on income, down payment and credit history. Hope this helps.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.29.20 @ 04:19


March 17, 2016

Hi Jamie.
The most important thing is to live within your means. Check with your church, schools, charities like habitat for humanity, etc.

Leverage your resources. It's amazing what a help fund me page can do for you:

Be careful of firms charging fees for services. Send me a message to discuss.

It's not what you make, It's what you keep that determines your lifestyle

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.29.20 @ 04:19