Asked by Gilbert  |  Submitted April 04, 2017

How do I clean up false info on my credit reports?

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  2

April 04, 2017

Disputing errors or incorrect information on your credit report is easy with the Credit Manager Premium Membership account. You can upgrade to Premium easily and gain access to tools designed to help you correct errors and dispute incorrect items.

Depending on the information you're referring to, the process would be to contact the creditor who is reporting the inaccurate information, which is done easily as a Premium Member of Credit Manager.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.20.20 @ 23:28


April 11, 2017

the best 1st step is to communicate directly with the creditor both in writing and via phone about any discrepancies. Keep detailed written records, ask the creditors about the information that's false and ask then to research it. Once this is completed - if they are willing to acknowledge the mistake or willing to make the adjustments/corrections - ask them to send you something in writing that you can then use to make sure this is done plus to make sure the credit bureaus have received this new information.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.20.20 @ 23:28