Asked by irene  |  Submitted May 19, 2016

How can you collect unclaimed money in a deceased relatives name?

I saw something on the news about lots of people having unclaimed money and they gave a web site to check. I put in my mothers name and it says the state is holding a "sum of over $100 in her name because of an over payment at Walgreens. I am thinking they must have way over charged her for her prescriptions. I filled out the form to claim it and I got a response from the state that I would need to show I am the executor of her will. Her only income was her monthly social security check so she had no need for a will.

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

June 16, 2016

Forwarding a certified death certificate with your name as an heir or sole benefactor often is satisfactory to provide familial relationship.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.29.20 @ 01:39