Asked by clareojr924  |  Submitted January 24, 2016

How can I get help with getting somebody to find lost saving bonds with no numbers for the estate of my mother who passed away.

I had the power of attorney but, after now the Estates legal representative. I am her son, and have treasury forms but, can't understand how to fill out.

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

February 07, 2016

Hi Clareojr924, contact the federal treasury. I did find this:
If your paper EE bond is lost, stolen, or destroyed, we need the following information before searching for the record of your bond:Bond serial number -- If you don’t have the bond serial number, provide all of the following:Specific month and year of purchaseSocial Security NumberNames, including middle names or initialsMailing address.

Good luck!

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.30.20 @ 15:17