Asked by Tstepsr67  |  Submitted January 08, 2017

Can we claim my mother-in-law as a dependent on our taxes if she lived with us this year?

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

March 08, 2018

An in-law can be a dependent like any other relative. They would be called a qualified relative. The main criteria is that you provide more than half their support and they live with you (in the case of a parent, their own house) for more than half the year

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 10.27.20 @ 08:49