Asked by mark  |  Submitted November 28, 2016

Can I take a one-time hardship withdraw from my 401(k) without having to pay taxes on it?

I've lost my job and the 401(k) has about $25,000 in it I'd like to access.

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Log in or sign up with email
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

November 28, 2016

It depends on the company that manages your 401(k), but there are usually loan options available with no tax.

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.19.17 @ 15:30


  Our Professionals Are Available to Help!

  Can't find What You're Looking For?