Asked by Charmaine  |  Submitted June 03, 2018

After e-filling my taxes I realized the the tax company I used sent the wrong tax forms in.

Then I got a letter from the IRS requesting forms 8962 and the 1095-A. Can I send form 1040X along with their request?

Report Question Report

  Leave Answer

Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

  Answers  |  1

June 12, 2018

Hello, Charmaine. You can send Form 1040X in, too. In fact, Form 8962 should be attached to Form 1040X. Make sure that all the information is consistent across the three forms (1040X, 8962 and 1095-A), otherwise you may open yourself up to an audit. Check out this MoneyTips article for more information:

How To Amend A Tax Return

$commenter.renderDisplayableName() | 09.23.20 @ 06:12