1. Paramount Pictures was so desperate to get rid of the Star Trek TV show when it originally aired in the late 60's that it tried to sell all of its equity to creator Gene Roddenberry for $150,000... but he couldn't afford to buy it.
2. The first twelve Star Trek films have grossed a total of $1,930,074,856 at the worldwide box office. No one seems to know how many billions the entire franchise, from decades of TV shows to merchandise, is worth.
3. Who says wages aren't on the rise? Chris Pine, who earned $600,000 for playing Captain Kirk in 2009's Star Trek, got a raise to $1.5 million for 2013's Into Darkness. For Star Trek Beyond, he's getting ten times his original pay, or $6 million.
4. The Star Trek fan group Starfleet awards college scholarships of up to $1,000 to its members. Among the offerings: the DeForest Kelley/Dr. Leonard McCoy Memorial Medical & Veterinarian Scholarship!
5. Zoe Saldana (Lt. Uhura), who has also appeared in Avatar, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, has a worldwide box office total exceeding $6 billlion!