1. Season 4 of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premieres on September 20, 2016. The series pilot is one of the most expensive ever made at a reported cost of $14 million.
2. The 13 Marvel Cinematic Universe movies now have a total worldwide box office gross of more than $10 billion, making it the highest-grossing film franchise of all time. November's Doctor Strange should only add to the record.
3. The world's largest amusement park has recently opened, and it's Marvel-themed! The $1 billion IMG Worlds of Adventure in Dubai, which features Marvel and Cartoon Network-themed rides and characters, is the size of 28 football fields (1.5 million square feet) and almost completely indoors to avoid the desert sun.
4. The six lead actors in Avengers: Age of Ultron earned a combined total of $81.2 million. Robert Downey, Jr. took home $40 million, Scarlett Johansson $20 million, Chris Evans $6.9 million, Jeremy Renner $6.1 million, Chris Hemsworth $5.4 million, and Mark Ruffalo $2.8 million.
5. Marvel Entertainment filed for bankruptcy in 1996. 13 years and two films later, Disney bought the company for $4 billion.