1. Americans are expected to spend a record $8.4 billion this Halloween, up a billion dollars from last year.
2. Who sends greeting cards for Halloween? Americans, to the tune of $390 million.
3. $2.5 billion will be spent on Halloween candy... but that doesn't include November dentist bills!
4. When it comes to popular kid costumes, princesses have passed the crown to superheroes after 11 years on top. "Let it go, let it go..."
5. There's even a pink tax on pet costumes, on which we spend $350 million. Female character costumes like Supergirl cost more than Superman for pets. How much to dress up my dog like Ken Bone?