Asked by Mary
Answered by Kim Miller, CFP®PRO+ in Redmond, WA
Hi - The annual gift tax exclusion allows you to give $14,000 per year to any one person without filing a gift tax return. A married couple who "join" in the gift ca...
Asked by an anonymous user
Answered by Mark Haynie, Mortgage Broker in Los Angeles, CA
Unfortunately, the 547 score is a lower score than any lender will consider. I recommend that you consult with a professional in the credit repair business and develo...
Asked by victor piediscalzo
Answered by Michael Keeler, CFP®, CLTCPRO+ in Las Vegas, NV
Definitely look into the Roth IRA. You can contribute up to $6500 in 2015 to this account. One nice feature of the Roth IRA is you can always take the principal out pe...
Asked by Erin J
Answered by Prateek Mehrotra, Financial Adviser in Appleton, WI
Erin, Here is a simple way to do this. After you sell your stocks you will know the selling price. Your Capital Gains is equal to the difference between the Selling...
Asked by Michael J
Answered by Pamela J. Horack, , CFP®PRO+ in Lake Wylie, SC
Hi Michael! I'm a huge fan of paying off debt as soon as possible. You can't build your finances up if you are busy filling in a hole of debt. Make a plan to focus all...
Asked by Katie P
Answered by Michael Hoffman, RFC, CLU, ChFCPRO+ in Grass Valley, CA
Katie, Conversion from a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA is beneficial when the amount you are converting allows you to stay in the same tax bracket and you have time...
Asked by Lynn
Answered by Martin Leclerc, Financial Adviser in Bryn Mawr, PA
First, dividend payments by corporations are not a deductable expense. Therefore, dividends are paid from after-tax income by companies with profits. Second, any ...
Asked by Brady Bonney
Answered by Michael Keeler, CFP®, CLTCPRO+ in Las Vegas, NV
Hi Brady, You have 3 options to you. 1. Your old employer may allow you to keep your 401k in the plan. 2. You can roll it over into the 401k at your new employer ...
Asked by Linda
Answered by Anita Johnson, Financial Psychologist in Sacramento, CA
Linda, Thank you for the question. Sometimes these government forms can be so confusing. If I were preparing your 2013 Tax Return I would enter the information on the ...
Asked by John D
John, the best way and the easiest way to describe a zero coupon bond is - It is a bond that is sold under its face value, meaning at a discount. however when it matur...
Ask a pro a question
Have your question answered by a professional
Characters remaining: 140
Asking as: $ss.eas.userParams.displayName
Log in or sign up with email
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service


Free MoneyTips Membership!

Get FREE, full access to MoneyTips.com